Friday, June 17, 2005

School

I just took my last final. Now all that lies between us and Japan is a little paperwork and a lot of packing. I told Melissa today that college has recently felt like speeding down the highway at sixty five miles per hour only to come up fast on an accident and be stuck in stop and go traffic for an hour. Prior to this January I had gone four 16 straight months without a break from school. Then in January I took the semester off and Melissa finished her last semester. She graduated in April with a bachelor's degree in humanities (art history emphasis) and I went back to school three days later. However six weeks into spring term ( three weeks ago) we found out we we're going to Japan so now school is on hold again after barely getting started. I only have 22 credits left so It'll only be a semester or so when I get back, but part of me would like to simply get it done. However, it will be nice to spend a year in Japan, eat some great food, get a lot of sight seeing in, brush up on my Japanese, pay down some student loans and enjoy spending a lot of time with Melissa and Callan.

No comments: