Thursday, February 02, 2006

I hit my head again

I hit my head again on the low doorway into our bedroom, and this time it about knocked me out.  I was bouncing into our room again yesterday and hurrying to get ready to leave for work and I smacked the top of my head on the face of the lentil of the door.  As I hit, lights flashed in my head as if a camera had just gone off, and I fell straight down onto the floor.  Melissa and Callan came running into the hallway to see what all the noise was about and found me lying on my back, holding my head, in a fit of pain induced chuckling.  Melissa looked at the doorway and noted there was a patch of hair stuck to the wood (like I need to lose anymore) and pointed out the two parallel red gashes on the crown of my head. It didn’t bleed much and only gave me a minor goose egg.  It has been almost twenty four hours now and I can’t even tell the wound is there, but if I lift my eyebrows, or accidentally brush my hand over the top of my head I get a dull stinging reminder.  

Then later that night I was heading to bed down a very dark hallway after brushing my teeth and I ran into the bathroom doorway.  I QUIT. Either I’m getting wheel chair for the house, or I’m remodeling the doorways. Someone send me a circular saw and some duct tape!

No comments: