Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Energy Hogs



I like to conserve energy. Electric energy that is. So for the most part washing and hanging clothes out to dry here hasn't been too bad. But today I miss my energy gobbling American washer and dryer. Three days ago I had to wash Callan's big blanket he uses as a sheet on top of his tri-fold mat bed. (My fault, I should have changed his diaper BEFORE his nap). Our washer, as you can see is very small. And taking anything to the laundromat is very expensive and a big hassle since Joey has the car most of the time. So I washed the blanket in the bathtub. Then hung it up on the bar over the tub (the other picture) and sprayed it on both sides to rinse it out. Then I tried to squeeze out most of the water and let it drip for a while. Then I dragged it outside to the clothesline (bar) oustide and left it to dry. Well, it was sunny when I put it out there. But after it dried the rain came again and ruined all the work the sun had just done. It finally dried and I put it on Callan's bed. It only lasted one night however, this time needing to be washed because of a leaking Poopy diaper. Ugh. So I dumped it back in the bath tub and repeated the whole routine. I guess expending human energy is preferable to electric energy, but today I want my Kenmore Energy Hogs!

No comments: