Monday, October 24, 2005

The Monster at The End of This Book

Callan is apparently too young for sarcasm.  Tonight while reading him stories, we tried to read “The Monster at the End of This Book,” which was one of my most favorite books growing up.  It’s the sesame street book in which Grover tries to keep you from getting to the Monster at the end of the book by tying the pages shut, building a brick wall, and even begging.  Mom used to do a pretty good Grover impersonation and I loved to turn the pages, even despite pitiful Grover.  However, Callan merely got concerned, and then scared When Grover told him not to open the book.  He took Grover very seriously when he said not to turn the pages, and when I did turn the page, Callan was bewildered that I would do such a horrible thing in the face of such desperation.  He closed the book and said, “Scared, scared, Grover, scared.”  I guess we’ll have to wait on that book, and stick with Thomas the Tank engine for now.  

No comments: