Friday, November 18, 2005

Giving credit where credit is due!

For those of you who read the entry about the hi-tech toilet in our bathroom, the following is an epilogue…

While in the past I have made light of the technological excesses represented by the said toilet, I fear I have failed to give the machine its due credit for its many wonderful features, particularly the heated seat, which until this winter did not seem in my mind a necessary or even desirable feature.  However, with the average evening temperature falling into the thirties I am growing to appreciate the pleasant surprise associated with sitting on a warmed toilet seat.  I was not aware of how much my body is trained for the physiological shock of sitting on a cold toilet seat.  It can be a rather tense, stressful experience, which as we all know is not conducive to effective lavatory usage.   But now, in the absence of the icy throne, there is no stress, no tension in anticipating the cold, hard, discomfort of an unheated toilet seat.  Really, the more I think about it, the more I equate the experience of using an unheated toilet seat with getting into a cold shower, or putting on cold socks.  So while I generally refrain from exploring the many buttons on our toilet’s control panel, I am always sure to set the seat warmer on high.  

No comments: