Saturday, November 19, 2005

Will they ever dry?- episode 2 from Adventures in Laundry

Our bed sheets are hanging on the clothes "dryer" outside (two rusting blue poles outside). It's now 3 in the afternoon and I'm wondering if they will ever dry. I threw them into the washer EARLY this morning (one at a time since the washer is so small, see previous laundry post) just so they might have a chance of drying if they're outside all day. But it's cold out there. Water evaporation and winter don't mix very well. And my "heated" shower room is hopelessly inadequate for drying two large bed sheets. We recently washed our comforter at the laundromat because it was much too large for the washer. It cost us over 6oo yen (about $5.80) for one load so that's not really going to be an option during the winter. Oh well, I think I'll start washing a load every day. That way the clothes I wash on monday will be dry on like Thursday or Friday. That is if the rain doesn't re-wet them! Ahh!
I honestly like hanging my clothes out to dry. They are in better shape because they don't get so beat up in the dryer, It's much more environmentally and economically friendly too. And they have the handiest plastic hangers with little pinchers for hanging the clothes. I think I may try to take a couple home with me! But I will definitely like my dryer in the winter!

No comments: