Monday, June 12, 2006

Earthquake!

Just before 5 am this morning Joey got up to go to the bathroom and I kind of sat up to see if the little shaking I was feeling was just me or if it was actually an earthquake. Joey came out and then it started to rock! He told me to jump out of bed (we're right next to a big window) and we went in Callan's room where he was already awake! Joey was concerned it might get bigger and we sat together on Callan's bed for a few minutes before we realized that was it. According to the AP it was a 6.2 centered in Kyushu (a nearby island).

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/J/JAPAN_EARTHQUAKE?SITE=GORBC&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Joey's telling me he's disappointed it wasn't bigger, but it was plenty for me! It was actually my first "feelable" earthquake. Hopefully that will be it for eathquakes in the next six weeks before we head for home.

No comments: