Thursday, July 27, 2006

Day 364: off to Osaka

I just got finished removing all our files from this computer and now I am ready for bed.  It is one am and in eight hours we will be on a bus for Osaka.  Our 365 days is coming to a close and it hasn’t gone out without a hitch.

We’ve been running everywhere trying to get souvenirs purchased, gifts found, money transferred, and tickets purchased, not to mention show the new teachers around and finish out our last few classes.  Tonight, after my last class Melissa and I spent an hour trying to get Callan to fall asleep and then we packed up the last of our suit cases and I drove them down to the school (Tomorrow we have to get all three of us plus the Bunions plus all our stuff to the station and there is no way to do that in our little car so the luggage got an early start).  Unfortunately when I arrived at the school at ten thirty pm, the spare key was not in the secret hiding spot.  That could only mean one thing.  Deron, the other teacher had taken it home.  I went by his apartment but all the lights were off. I knocked several times and even tried to call at him through an open window, but they didn’t hear me so I gave up and drove to a convenience store and called him from a pay phone.  I really didn’t want to wake them up, but I had car full of luggage and no where to put it.  I finally got the key from a very tired looking Deron and unloaded all the luggage and got back to our place by 11:45 pm.  

No comments: